The synagogue at the Fraenkelufer (Fraenkelufer Synagoge), located in Berlin’s Kreuzberg district, was originally built as an Orthodox Synagogue between 1913 and 1916. The construction was led by Alexander Beer. During the November pogrom of 1938, large parts of the main building were heavily damaged, eventually leading to the demolition of the remaining ruins in 1958/59. Today, after the destruction and the demolition of the main building, the original youth synagogue (Jugendsynagoge) still remains. It now serves once again as a conservate house of prayer. On Shabbat and holidays, worship is held there.
Synagoge am Fraenkelufer
Fraenkelufer 10, 10999 Berlin