The BABYLON is situated in the Berlin neighbourhood of Mitte. It is part of a building complex listed as a historic monument, situated on the Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz. It was constructed according to the plans of architect Hans Poelzig in 1929. After a large-scale remodelling in 1948, it served as a specialty cinema in the German Democratic Republic (DDR). Today, the cinema offers a diverse multitude of programs, including festivals, retrospectives, and cinematic series. Furthermore, the cinema houses the only silent film organ in Germany still remaining in its original location.
Rosa-Luxemburg-Str. 30, 10178 Berlin